1) Wisconsin Herd G-League Basketball In-State Opener (all ages)
Friday 11/17: BMO Harris Bradley Center (Westown); 7pm – 10pm (free)
Though they didn’t choose one of our own awesome name ideas, the Bucks’ G-League affiliate team, the Wisconsin Herd, plays their first in-state game of the season tomorrow. While they eagerly await their spanking-new arena in Oshkosh to finish construction, the Herd instead will take the same floor as their NBA brethren at the BMO Harris Bradley Center tonight. Best of all: you can see them play FO FWEE. That’s right, Menominee Tribal Enterprises is footing the bill. Grab your vouchers here.
2) Start Your Holiday Shopping Local (all ages)
Saturday and Sunday 11/18-19
Though you’ll have to wait until next Friday for our Local Milwaukee Holiday Gift Ideas article and giveaways, you can get your own head-start on the shopping season with multiple local events going on this weekend. A few below:
- Local First presents Buy Local Gift Fair 2017 Sunday at The Domes ($7)
- 26th Annual STM Holiday Craft Fair Saturday at St Thomas More High School ($2)
- Wisconsin Rummage-O-Rama Saturday and Sunday at the State Fair Grounds ($2)
Local organization, Feast of Crispian, uses the works of Shakespeare to help veterans heal. Earlier this month they finished a run of Othello, with an all-veteran cast, at Next Act Theatre. But you can catch a performance tonight at the VA Medical Center for free, with donations going to helping our local heroes.
NOT TO DO
1) Mistake Bango for a wild deer this weekend
It’s hunting season, sure, but let’s keep our favorite Buck safely off the wall please.